Sunday, February 7, 2010

Demonizing Political Ads

Ok, so you’ve probably already seen it, but it’s so funny that it bears repeating (or replaying). Check out my new favorite political ad of all time:



What on earth were they thinking?! Well, according to Allan Hoffenblum, “I thought the spot was right on as far as its message.” Hmmm… I wonder what the message was supposed to be exactly. I didn’t learn much from it except that Carly Fiorina thinks that Tom Campbell is a FCINO/wolf with glowing red eyes dressed up like a sheep! (And perhaps that everyone in Fiorina’s campaign camp is on the same psychedelic pills.)

Coming through with an amazingly cheesy retort was Campbell himself, saying, "Carly Fiorina's campaign is in full Mutton Meltdown mode.” Ah geez!

So who exactly is responsible for my new favorite ad? Republican consultant Fred Davis III who is the former Chief Creative Consultant to 2008 Presidential Candidate John McCain. Ok, he has a much longer resume than that. You can check it out for yourself at his website: http://www.strategicperceptioninc.com/samples.php

I confess, I am surprised that someone who seems so legit would come up with something so extremely nuts. Although, to him, “if nobody sees it and nobody talks about it, you have wasted your money.” In that respect, since the official version hit over 450,000 views on Friday, the ad is a smashing success. Way to go Fred Davis III. In fact, the ad is so popular that there are already T-shirts. No joke, they are completely fantastic! http://www.zazzle.com/demonsheep_2010_tshirt-235821840421345343

I know, I’ll go away so you can watch it again. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. So I'm wondering, where are the animal rights activists? Doesn't this qualify as "animal abuse"? LOL

    ReplyDelete